Friday, October 1, 2010

Wow, Sponsoring Too LITTLE Legislation is a problem?


I was stunned to recently see the attacks that Garry Post has launched on Cindy Denby.  His comments in the September 30 article of the Argus are a case in point.  Making the statement, "She's is a legislator, and legislators legislate. The No. 1 job of a legislator is to introduce laws and to pass laws”, Post faulted Representative Denby for not sponsoring ENOUGH legislation in her first term.

First of all, I say we have more than enough big government, free spending representatives in Lansing.  I am tickled pink that our representative is not among them.

Second, legislation almost always comes with a price tag.  And Michigan is BROKE!  We can’t afford legislation, especially legislation passed simply to pad the representatives resume.

Third we elect representatives, not legislators.  The job of a representative is to represent his/her constituents.  Cindy Denby does this extremely well.  Every time I have called her office, I have been promptly and efficiently assisted.  I have seen Cindy out at community events (even when it isn’t election season) and I know first-hand that she cares deeply about Livingston County.

Fourth, even if I believed that not sponsoring legislation were a bad thing, I would still say that if this is the worst thing that Post can throw at Cindy--we've got a great representative. As a limited government supporter,  I think representatives should share the physicians' creed-- First do no harm. Keep up the good work, Cindy!

Mr. Post, if you want to be in elected office simply to pass laws, I say move to a district that wants more big government.  As for Livingston County, I say reelect Cindy Denby as our REPRESENTATIVE in Lansing!

No comments:

Post a Comment